Rising Star And A Big Fall!!

"O what a fall was there!"-Mark Antony in "Julius Caesar"
2009 had a fantabulous start thanks to Centauruz,an intra college Techno-management event conducted by ECEA,Psg tech.I was named the "Rising Star Of Centauruz"(I could not become the star because I had to talk about Premarital Sex in a really "Stressful" interview in front of my junior girls!) along with a fantastic girl who shares her birthday with me.(The similarities end there.She has a CGPA hovering around 10!).My favourite musician Rahman won the Golden Globe.I was on sky nine.What more can you ask for at the beginning of a year?
Then came the Internals!I came to understand the origin of this word "Internals".It is potent enough to kill your Internal hopes throughout the semester.Each and every exam was a trial by fire.I could not make out any question in PQT except one("In a box containing 15 defective ICs,how many will be defective if you choose 3 out of it?").Since I had passed my Kindergartens some years back,I could answer that!Otherwise the paper was all Greek to me(Or all Tamil to a tamil actress-avoid cliches maan!)
There is a certain paper called "Microprocessors" which anyone frustrated with life should try to realise what real frustration is.Full of address lines,opcodes,mnemonics,machine cycles,IC8255s,memory interfacing,control registers,bit-set-reset modes,JNZs,MVIs....I have lost my hope in engineering!I have always wanted to be a Journalist.This engineering just wants me to pursue my passion.I just do not belong to the Class Of PSG Tech.I feel like an outsider.
In the world of Integrated Circuits,I am a constant taken outside the symbol of integration.In the world of Communication Engineering,I am stammering to communicate with the intricacies in the subjects.In the world of Probability and Queuing Theory,I have zero probability of crossing this great Engineering ocean.In the world of Data Structures,I am an error impossible to be debugged even by a seasoned programmer.In the world of VLSI,I am a VLSI(Very Large Scale Idiot).In the world of Microprocessors...Well..I just do not want to belong to that world!
So,Should I have chosen engineering just because my mom told me to?
Sorry for the cliche-Time will tell the answer!


Comments

  1. Thanks for the adjective, Umesh.. Ur blog makes interesting reading.. :) keep posting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umesh. All this bragging will end. Don't feel bad about not being able to be a good engineer. You need not be a good engineer to be successful in life. Mark my words, 10 years down the line, you'll be in a position that'll make all the toppers envious. Trust me on that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts