The BLITZ has gone out of our lives!


"College life is tough and when you get used to it,they throw you out"
2 weeks henceforth,another bunch of young engineers will be thrown out from PSG tech-"Go and face your life".Blitzkriegerz(ECE 2005-2009) will no more be seen in the department or the hostel.This article is a special tribute to those great friends who just happened to my seniors.
I developed a hatred for BZZ(short for Blitzkriegerz.I cannot recall Hitler's warfare technique everytime) in the beginning.The staff were always all praise for them.I remember my tutor recounting "They are such gems".These BZZ guys compelled the HOD to take a subject for them.Unbelievable for a guy like me who always relied on proxy attendance to bunk HOD's classes.
Some great BZZ guys changed my opinion altogether.Let me start with Vineeth.He still remains the only senior who said "Stop calling me as anna".It was a suggestion of Vineeth that made me become a Blogger.He has changed my hitherto meaningless life into something enjoyable.To him,each and every post of mine is "Awesome".I have never seen a more encouraging patron than him.
I love to revisit my blog again and again just to read his comments."Mark my words, 10 years down the line, you'll be in a position that'll make all the toppers envious. Trust me on that one."-His comment in one post of mine prods me on.His blog started out as a funny online version of personal diary but has turned into a "Kadhavai Thira Kaatru Varatum" like philosophy preacher.Too many run-ins with girls has had it's toll.His expertise in Robotics is just too much for a common man like me.
Then Kshira Saagar-a guy with split personality disorder who can talk about Objectivism and use obscenities like O******* in the same breath.The man behind some great quizzes conducted by the Association of Serious Quizzers.One guy the whole department looks forward to-Be it doing the Master of Ceremony or managing an event like Star of Centauruz or an impromptu quiz or a high octane debate like "Neengala Naangala?"(Saagar's more respectful version of "Neeya Naana?").Jauques Kallis ceased to be favorite allrounder after I met Saagar.
Then my ECEA seniors-Vijaya Kumar(A guy who is too soft that even his orders will have an undertone of "Please") and Vignesh(A guy who can be complete fun.His "Vote of Thanks" for the ECEA valedictory function is a standing proof) taught us a lot as to organising department functions(Yukth,Agastya,Centauruz,Dhyan-All names an anglophobe would be proud of).It is now up to us to carry the baton of ECEA forward.
A special mention must be made of Vinoth Kumar.Once I had to sleep in his room to help him out for some project work.(CTRL+C,CTRL+V some 300 times)I still remember his words"I like you so much mate.You are like a brother to me.Whatever happens in your life,no worries.This brother will always be there to help you out".Calculated and measured words shorn of anything maudlin.While unlucky Akhil Devs get beatings,I was lucky to get brothers.
Suresh(The show coordinator of Renaissance.The event was cancelled mercilessly by the college),YRC Vinoth(We differentiate the two Vinoth kumars by their hairstyles), Niranjan(Star of Centauruz in 2008),Ashwin(Co-town guy.Hostel council member),Krishna Kumar(Weight lifter.A light heart),Nirmal(I am yet to see a softer guy like him.I could have ragged him),Kumaresan(His seniors called him as "Kathikuthu kumaresan".Looks like a 12th student boy waiting for admissions even after the final year project),Ashwin Ramachandran(checkout his blog www.ashcontemplations.blogspot.com.Genius.) are some other unforgettable Blitzkreigerz.
Let all the Blitzkriegerz have their 16 minutes of fame(forget Andy Warhol) and let the 16th minute last for a lifetime!Personally,I will never miss them because I see them in all nice things around me.Life will go on smoothly and on a day,it will turn upside town pushing me to tears.But some semblance of hope will be left as I know that there are "brothers who will always be there to help me out"!Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna!







Comments

  1. Was touching machi. Thanks a lot. Blitz will miss the college, more importantly JUNIORS. I never thought even for a second that seniors and juniors should have a distance between them. I wanted to be friends with you guys. You are one amongst my best friends dude. Keep posting. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks da :)Loved this entry:) Will be missing u, loads.. kepp in touch man :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dai...someone was talkin about things being non-maudlin..well..like i always tell ya..down the line you gonna be this ultimate appeaser-cum-viewchanger guy like the one i told ya about...cool..sorry that i didn't write stuff like 'you rock machi' because apart from them being facts they are not what i believe you are actually lookin for..all the best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post da!!! :D btw i had asked HOD to take a subject for our class..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts