Nothing Super About it!

There is this reality show called "Super Singer" in Vijay TV about which my friends went agog.I eagerly watched yesterday's finals and was completely disappointed.It was very sad to see singing take backstage to the histrionics of the anchors.Too much of hype is uncalled for.They are mere prospective future singers and they were being celebrated like Rahman.
Calling a crying mother to the dais("I am proud to have him as my son") and tapping her emotions for TRP was atrocious.Is this a talent spotting contest or a Vikraman movie?Neha Bhasin looked more like a bar girl than a stage singer.Yuvan was never allowed to talk.I felt like shooting down the Yugendiran couple.
Ajeesh sang well but his voice is not unique or fresh to make a big impact.Let's wait to see how Yuvan uses him.Last year's winner sang a song in Harris' "Bheema" and rode quietly into oblivion.Hope Ajeesh is not the next Nikhil Mathew.All the best!

Comments

Popular Posts