Sonnet No:1

Shilpa's words were encouraging enough("You can come up with great poems").But I was never finding time to sit down and pen my thoughts(Not that I had any!).Then came the ELS recruitment drive.The application expected me to write a poem on myself.So here's my attempt at butchering what Shakespeare (and Shilpa) nurtured(and nurture).(The condom line was censored and I wrote some other equally dumb lines in the application.)Inspite of the ridiculously forced rhyme scheme and a pointless rambling style,the poem-wannabe describes me sincerely.
Where did everything start?
To give a person this smart!
Yes,my parents forsook condoms-
To help me build my own kingdom!
Failures many have I seen-
To the Despair Land,I have never been!
Mom,friends and English are there-
There is no need for another God,I swear!
My face and looks always lie-
In heart and brain,my credentials lie!
Strain I do to manage time-
Am clueless why I strain for rhyme!
Hope is what I don as bonnet-
Well,ELS made me write a sonnet!!
-Willing To Shake The Sphere.

Comments

  1. Wow Umesh!!!
    The rhyme scheme is not ridiculous as you say.. It is really very very good and I'm amazed that this is only your first attempt. I'm waiting for more sonnets and maybe even ballads and other beautiful forms of poetry from this newly-recruited ELSian!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELS huh??? Enjoy mate. I'm sure you'll have fun. And a great poem. Writing poetry is something I can never do. So all that I have for people who do is AWE. Way to go bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ELS????? Oh gaad! So you forgotted what all I'd told ya...good poem mann..sorry for typos...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts