March Ahead!

I was emboldened to write this after seeing a poster in Chennai.If Kandhasamy can celebrate a run of 100 days,why shouldn't my blog celebrate it's first anniversary?!
A Classic example of Chaos Theory.If it had not been for "Kuselan" I would not have started this blog.It was for "Kuselan" that some of my school friends ordered me to send a SMS review.There started my series of reviews on all movies(I went to dumb ones like "Seval" just for the sake of reviewing it!).My senior G.Prasanth(Genius Prasanth.One of the first few to get placed.That too without a project report.He can give impromptu speeches even on topics like homosexuality.) gave me a suggestion:"Why don't you send your reviews to The Hindu?or start a blog atleast".Then another senior Vineeth(Blitz!) started his own blog.Immediate cause.I too started mine in the first week of December last year.
Initially I was posting just my reviews.I am ashamed till today that I posted an audio review for "Villu".Then I became a bit more eclectic.I started posting on terror attacks,2008-year in review etc.Rahman became the theme of my blog.Almost all my big articles had a mention about Rahman.(For an election related article,I posted a picture of Rahman with the indelible ink!).The article on my mother(I personally feel that it is a mediocre article.I had too many things to tell and ended up badly.) made my cousin in the States(Non-Returning Indian) to call up after months and say to my mother "You are lucky to get Umesh".
The article "Romancing with Rahman" was quite popular in Orkut Rahman fans community.An Orkut friend promised that my article will be published in his website.(He never started that website.)I predicted a Pakistan victory in the T20 world cup even before the tournament began in earnest.But that does not make me a Nostradamus because I predicted CSK to win the IPL and AIADMK to sweep the Loksabha polls.An article "What if?" on Jayalalitha as PM ended up as an egg on my face.Personally,"Operation Bluestar and compensation blues" remains my tour De Force.
The readership circle of my blog still remains small(less than 50) but the SMS feedback from friends like Shilpa,Arun Kumar(co-IAS aspirant),Pritham,Sridhar,Priya,Sindhu and Ashwini makes me keep writing.As the sixth semester begins on Monday,the usual apprehensions begin.(Labs,theory classes,the long walk to I-block to see my tutor..OMG!)I will keep coming back to my blog for solace and escape.No time to celebrate or even introspect.The extraordinary journey continues.

Comments

  1. நான் கற்றதே உன் வார்த்தைகளை வாசிக்க பின் நேசிக்கதானோ ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said.....The journey is always extraordinary in all perspectives.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading ur blog has indeed stirred up somethin in me to start my very own!! :) the flow of thots and ur wildest imaginations n comparisons has made ur blog somethin superb :) keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts