Homecoming!

The homecoming after three exhausting days was not exactly smooth.Myself and "Moka" Vinoth were waiting in the Peelamedu bus stop before realising that all buses to Salem were jam-packed.So we had to go to Gandhipuram.
Bad luck.A big crowd was waiting there already and no bus for Salem was to be seen.We started running for anything which closely resembled a bus.To complicate things,it was raining.Rain is something which can be enjoyed from a window.Not when you are standing with 2 bags around your shoulder and one BIG one in your hand.(For once,I hated books).
At last a bus which read "Salem" arrived.We ran as if we had seen The Messiah.I somehow twisted through the crowd without minding the "padichavan thana nee?" rebukes.We got seats for ourselves.We were on the verge of shedding "Anandha Kaneer" before the conductor shouted "Indha bus Salem pogadhu!erangunga!".We wanted to fight but chose to get down without protesting.
Then we chose to go to Erode as buses to Salem had become Dodos.The journey to Erode was smooth.But only later did we realise that it was Calm before the Storm.Erode bus stand looked like a battlefield.All soldiers waiting with their armour to attack.More than 200 people waiting for a single Salem bus.After what felt like hours, a private bus came by and we ran again.
Unfortunately,we could not get seats.We had to stand throughout.50 were sitting and 30 were standing.The bus was like a furnace even in that "Jillendru-Bhoomi-Irundhum" climate.I had no place to stand.The conductor started his quota: "arivu iruka unaku" etc seeing my huge luggage.He was asking questions like why did I bring so much of luggage.I had no answer.Being smart is not answering idiots.
The bus started.I could have cried any time.Only half a day back,I had bid adieu to some of my dearest brothers and now all this trouble.Then an absolutely beautiful song started playing in the bus.
"Royapettah nurse பேரு Mary!
அவளுக்கு வாங்கி தந்தேன் அரபு நாட்டு saree!
அப்புறம் கேள்வி பட்டேன் அவ மாமன் பேரு மாரி!
ஜகா வாங்கி கேட்டுபுட்டேன் sorry!
I am very sorry!"
I started smiling.That day had taught me lots of things and this lesson was a new one:Even Deva can give you respite from trouble.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts