IAyes!

The General Studies question paper this year in the CSE has completely shocked me(and every other IAS aspirant).After having glanced through previous question papers from 2004-2009,I was quitely confident that a year's preparation would suffice.(Eg.In 2008 GS,there was a question as easy as "which planets lie between Mars and Uranus")But UPSC has proved that it is quite a Malinga by stunning the aspirants with this year's GS paper.
There are quite a lot of toughies reminding me of my own engineering question papers.I could answer barely a few.This clearly shows the sea-change in the attitude of UPSC and is a definite dress-rehearsal for the Civil Service Aptitude Exam to be floated in 2011.UPSC has realised that mere mugging should not get a person into the higher echelons of administration.
Though I have 2 years to tame the bull,I feel that one full year will be eaten up in getting the Spirit Unleashed.This SU chairman post sounded so cool in March when friends carried me up in their shoulders and did victory laps around the hostel.But now,I realise that the crown can be a thorn-ridden one.I have seen previous chairmen working around the year with a secure job in their pockets.Since I have bravely(?!) opted out of placements,I wont be having anything else except a B.E certificate from P.S.G Tech in May,2011.
The balancing act is going to be even tougher than what I had experienced in my early fifth semester.Even my Amma has lost hopes in my UPSC preparation that she has started shouting,"Make me happy.Opt for placements".These are tough times.As the going gets tough,the tougher are supposed to get going.The next year will show whether am spirited or spineless.Ironically,it is a tagline Ajith suggested for the SU which gives me hope for the UPSC preparation:S U can!!

Comments

  1. S U will.... all d best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make it man :) All the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am bored of telling you "Yes U Can and U Will!". So I'll just say "Wait and watch. In two years' time you'd be posting on how the paper was a cakewalk." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had asked me to remove my Gtalk status "I am anonymous to CAT"! May I ask you to remove this post?
    Good that you translated your thoughts into words.Hope you don't feel so again. Bon chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey nice article:).."S U Can"..:).smart work is more important than hard work.i have seen yu workin smart.many examples..internals,semesters.continue to be workin smart..:).all the best :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Over da dei. Odha vanga pora nee. U'll be there at the top of of the list in 2012-13. Appo vandhu Shilpa solra madhiri oru article irukkum. Andha article padikkraku munnadi indha article a padinga - 'Read this' nu oru link pottu indha article ku oru link vera kuduppa... poda poda... poi padi da... Cool a clear panniduva...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arun anna neenga sonnathu cent percent correct. ivan sema fraud probability la fail aayiruvanu sollitu, athula mass pottavan.. Pl contact jeyavel to know about this fraud..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Arun Kumar:Neenga dhan real IAS!!

    @Praveen:Poda dei poda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey,be cool.if there is any one who could do it,you would be it.when ur IAS results come out,i would be one of many checking out ur result(which of course will be the top one). because s u can and s u will..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts