Samani!


Me:Anna,when is the treat for your getting placed?
Him:Treat only after everyone in my batch gets placed da.

He has always been such a Sura-Vijay like character.Always thinking about others' welfare.Always rejoicing in others' happiness.Always unique.Just like his nickname "Samani".Saravan Prabu has been a senior we have looked up to for almost three years now.A tribute.
I remember meeting him in my first year.He always talked about SU.("SU da,mass da,gethu da").One night,he took me to Snack Bar for his friend's birthday treat.When everyone else was having fun,he was giving big lectures on how to survive in Tech.I thought,"why is he telling all this to me and at this time?" and was about to yawn before realising his pristine care for me.
The way he scolds us has always been funny.One night,he was thrashing us for not doing proper SU work.Myself and Ajay were at the receiving end.The usual words("SU na enna nu theriyuma da").Suddenly,he asked:"Do you know how a LED works?"We were stunned.No senior in history would have asked such questions.We did not know the answer.He started again:"You don't know even this.How did you get into ECE?".I have not seen anyone talk so much.Not even Sampath.
His passion for Vikram was so much that he once called me to his room and made me listen "Kandhasami" so that I can send an instant audio review.(He even switched off the fans so that I can listen properly).I remember his Kandhasami review:"Perfect cinema.My rating:4.5 out of 5".I could not help laughing.I feel that his review for Raavanan may be "Thillu mullu" styled 7465 out of 5.
He shifted all his passion from SU to placements in the third year.Along with Dhananjayan (When we realised that DJ was not a 'terror' senior,it was too late),he worked for the successful placement of Breitzaronz.They maintained "Study Hours" so vigorously.I remember asking Balaji "Epdi na daily two hours padikiringa?" and him answering "Samani solitan da.Vera vazhi illa".I somehow felt that every Breitzaron was working hard just to make Samani and DJ smile.
Personally,he has meant a lot.He was the one who called me in my initial 5th semester days and said,"Stand for SUC".He provided a perfect platform by putting me in IE(I)-Students' Chapter.He introduced me to KK(The then SUC) saying "This guy will work well" and the rest is history(atleast to me).
Manikandan(Great cricketer.Wait for yet another "Indian shot in Melbourne" soon!) said during the farewell party that Samani was like a father to the Breitzaronz.Now that all "Mustafas" had been sung and Breitzaronz were history,Samani could have disappeared easily.Until a call from him earlier today:"Dai tell your guys to work hard for placements.PR should be more adjusting.You too help them out.Dont waste time in hols.Study for IAS."Fathers disappear from the pages of history.Godfathers don't.Samani is our Godfather.






Comments

  1. "Fathers disappear from the pages of history.Godfathers don't.Samani is our Godfather"

    +Inf

    Samani beware, this guy is comparing you with Dr.Vijay and Virivuraiyaalar. Watch out :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever we get rejected in a company he used to come out from placement cell, have his hands on our shoulders and says " Dont worry. Keep trying. Take this as an experience." and some more encouraging dialogues. If we get placed he is the one to come out running from the placement cell and shake hands with laughter in his face and says "Congrats da. Select ayitta" .... Who works for others nowadays. so in that aspect both DJ and saravana were great. Thanks guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. no words to say...hats off to samani,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect tribute to the Godfather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. saravan prabhu anna s really gr8.we all have sooo much of respect 4 him..its difficult to see someone like him(not jus words)..such a dedicated person..Breitzaronz s lucky to get PRs like him and DJ anna.Hata off annas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not talked with him before placements and no way we have interacted much ...but every time when I attend or lose an interview he will be saying encouraging words and some times scoldings too.. when i got shortlisted for atmel interview he phoned me with great enthu....as if he himself got placed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts