When Ten is Too Small!

For every Shane Warne who makes into a World XI,there will be always be a Muttiah Muralitharan left out.Hence,before posting the Moment No:1,I had to write this article just to accommodate all those moments which missed The Final List simply because Ten is too small a number.

Intrams -September 2010
A new look Intrams without the ubiquitous Movie Spoof (where they tease Ajith and Vijay ruthlessly in every performance) and a No-Prizes Footloose was still a grand success,thanks to Pattimandram Raja's (who was given a grand entrance by my juniors with the song "Raja kaiya vacha wronga ponadhile") "Neeya Naana?" and spirited dances by more than 28 teams.Robin,Jagadish and Aravind did brilliant organising work.At the end of it all,I had to ask myself "Ivlo per manasu vacha epdi da wronga pogum?"

Orphanage Visit - April 2011:
Masterminded by Ajay and Mahadevan,it was a largely satisfying exercise buying lots of kitchen utensils and a Personal Computer,organising a Medical camp and arranging lunch at "Aravanaikum Anbu Illam" (More than 100 children live there).I wish that this is the beginning of something bigger in the future.

Rahman's Oscars -February 2009
I saw this at home with Amma and Omkar after me bunking Monday morning classes and then started to hostel.I promised all my class guys a treat at Darshan (Juice for Rs.5) but it never happened due to The Great Economic Depression.Throughout these four years,Rahman did not work for Kriya with me.Rahman did not write PQT with me.Rahman did not play cards with me.Yet,Rahman was with me every moment.

Final Year Project - 2 days in April 2011
While two project mates left mid-way to chase materialism in Internships,Sivaraman stuck to me resulting in a remarkable passage of time wherein we watched World cup matches,IPL matches,talked about All Those Gals,hung around in Boomerang and KFC,slept late night dissecting my disastrous past and yes,completed the Car Black Box project in between.

Proposal for Chairman Post - March 2010
I could have posted it in Moment no:2 itself but backed out because of the length.Joseph Chacko (What.A.Smile) and me came together to prepare this remarkable Manifesto (the kind Politicians bring out) for the Chairman interview.Joseph's brilliant design and my words resulted in something absolutely wonderful of which am always proud of.That those promises in the manifesto were never fulfilled (like those politicians') is another matter.


All Those Speeches -2010 to 2011
If I am asked what is the biggest thing that I achieved as the Chairman,I would say with pride that it must be the long speeches which everyone listened to.I want to write more on it but I am very bad at blowing even flutes,let alone trumpets.

Roommates - 2007 to 2011
Pritham has always been The Most Eccentric guy whom I have understood very little.But whatever I have understood makes him the Most Interesting guy as well.I keep posting Tamil lyrics as my statuses in FB just for his comments.
Jeyavel has got that rough Goundamani sense of humour which may put off many.But without his one liners and repetition of those FamedCineDialogues,college life would never have been the same.
Sabareswaran (or Sabu or Terrorist or other names which will evoke expletives from him ) is the reason why I will be getting my BE ECE degree very soon.
Ajay Krishnan was missed in the third year but we more than made up in the final year.He was there at every moment of despair and delight.

Oh Those 21!
There have been those other equally lovely passages of time like that only Industrial Visit to Kerala,a trip by our guys to Ooty after the Electric Circuits internals,the brilliant trip to Black Thunder,the 3 trips to Kodaikanal which surprisingly never bored us,those late night trips around Coimbatore,Ajay's birthday celebrations at VOC park,those hang-outs at Dhabas near Neelambur where our drunken guys talked candidly,that night after the disastrous Intrams when our seniors scared the hell out of us for more than 3 hours,the attendance-lag compensation classes after the 4th semester,All those FDFS (or FDSS) of every significant movie from Sakarakatti to Endhiran,the SMS reviews soon after which had it's own small audience,sharing the dais with a celebrity who went to jail later,those 6 editions of Byxtroczarz Premier League in which I reverse-sweeped a boundary once,the freshers given to us by seniors in which Vimal Kumar was running around shouting "Naan oru paithiyakaran" with a smile,the freshers given by us to our juniors in which Satish and Divahar so brilliantly related condoms with Her,the emotionally charged speech by IM sir in the final class,the mock interviews which introduced me to some lovely juniors,all those late night card playing sessions,my first cricket-watching experience at Chepauk,the so-undeservedly won "Best Outgoing Student" award,the farewell to our seniors in which I almost cried and the farewell given to us in which I did not cry.

All of them have been equally remarkable moments but still nothing comes close to Moment No:1.

Comments

  1. Moment Number 1 ku idea illathanala ipadi ellam eluthi samalikariya :P lol..Anyways it was interesting to read and almost summed up all the key moments in your college life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagerly waiting for the moment number one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u hav a cb touch in ur narration. try to bring out some books. guess it'll b fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ur blog s such an entertaining piece f wrk Mr.Umesh. Its def nt dull, although nt deep. Interesting series of 'Top Moments':)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous 3

    Thanks for ur suggestion.Writing books is something I would love to do but lets see.

    @Anonymous 4:
    Thanks a lot.Depth shall come with age.As of now,this entertainment would do I feel.

    @Anonymous 1 &2
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "hung around in Boomerang and KFC"? Is there KFC in coimbatore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ^^ Ya there is one in RS Puram
    was started in early 2011 I suppose

    ReplyDelete
  8. These individuals actually demand the purpose why cannot Paragon exactly the same enhance pick-up variety. In this particular regard, community manager provides the relevant responses.

    RS Gold  Buy Diablo 3 Gold   Buy Guild Wars 2 Gold

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts